Take your yoga teaching to the level of fine art.
Immerse yourself in storytelling, myth, yoga and the body in the The Yoga of Story Yoga Teacher Training with Storyteller and Yoga Teacher Sydney Solis.
Find your voice to educate, enlighten and entertain kids, teens and adults with oral storytelling and yoga.
Delve deep into the artistry and power of the spoken word, and the body to heal and
educate yourselves and others. Become a storyteller in this, comprehensive yoga teacher training and yoga therapy training to learn the original Storytime Yoga®, Sleepytime Yoga™ and Mythic Yoga™ methods that are transforming the lives of children and families world-wide.
June 13-17, 2016 in Copenhagen, Denmark at Lille YogaHus The Little Yoga House. Contact Emmamaria Vincentz emmamaria (at) lilleyogahus.dk to register.
The Yoga of Story Yoga Teacher Training Costs:
Price paid in Danish Crowns by February 15. DKK 3.950,- and afterward DKK 4.400.
$570 (USD) for registration by $625 (USD) thereafter.
Includes the books Storytime Yoga® Teaching Yoga to Children Through Story, The Treasure in Your Heart: Stories and Yoga for Peaceful Children and the Kids Yoga DVD The Peddler’s Dream.
Yoga Alliance Continuing Ed Credit and Certificate of completion available.
Travel, lodging and meals are extra.
The Yoga of Story Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum:
- The Power of the Spoken Word and Oral Storytelling with Yoga – Psycho-spiritual and social benefits in addition to physical benefits of asana.
- Storytelling exercises, Symbol making
- Mythic Yoga: Vishnu’s Dream – Yoga practice and myth contemplation – Creation – for teens and adults
- Storytelling basics, narrative structure and classes, home practice
- Beginnings of stories – Coaching, narrative and practice
- Dream work
- Storytime Yoga for Children method and class structure. Educating children with storytelling and yoga
- Storytime Yoga for Children method continued
- Middles of Stories – Coaching, narrative practice, small group work
- Mythic Yoga: Kali and Durga – Conflict in story, Symbol making
- Sleepytime Yoga for Children method– Relaxation and meditation for kids with story. Yoga philosophy for children
- Mythic Yoga: The Birth of Krishna – Resolution and rebirth.
- Symbol making and Body Memoirs
- Yoga Therapy with storytelling, fairy tales and myths. ADHD, trauma, depression and suicide prevention
- Ending of Story – coaching and narrative exercises.
- Putting it all together: Class creation and presentation
- Story and class presentations
- Group myth making